Burnett Medical Center provides a safe and secure place for prescription drug and sharp disposal. Prescription drugs and sharp containers can be dropped off during regular business 小时.
Prescription Drug Disposal
Burnett Medical Center has a drug collection and disposal receptacle located in the main entrance for the safe and anonymous disposal of unused or expired medicines and controlled substances.
- Prescription medications (Schedules II-V controlled substances and non-controlled drugs)
- Over-the-counter medications
- Liquid medication bottles-less than 4 oz. in zip-lock bag
Not Accepted Items:
- Illegal (Schedule I) drugs
- Needles/syringes or sharps containers
- Medical devices, Batteries
- Aerosol cans, Inhalers
- Mercury-containing devices
- Liquid antineoplastic agents (Such as chemotherapy drugs and cytotoxic drugs)
Other year-round prescription drop-off sites:
Burnett County Government Center (24/7 access)
(Sheriff's Department Entrance)
7410 County Road K
Siren, WI 54872
St. Croix Tribal Police Department (24/7 access)
24663 Angeline Ave.
Webster, WI 54893
Burnett Medical Center is also a registered sharps collection station and will accept needles and/or diabetic lancets in specific sharps containers from hospitals, pharmacies, or in hard plastic containers with lids. The sharp container(s) can be dropped off with central registration personnel during regular business 小时.